Good sleep is one of the key constituents of human wellbeing. Physical and emotion health depend on how well you sleep at night. It may sound absurd but comfort of the present day has its negative affects on us. From one hand we want to have our every-day concerns done easier, from the other, comfortable life stagnates the physical and emotional reserves of our organism. This stagnation leads to different disorders. We hope the article will help you find your clue to the problem of how to go to sleep when you are not tired.
1. If you are not tired, why should you sleep? You may use this time to do something useful that will exhaust you to some extent so that you will sleep well afterwards.
2. Do you have a good air ventilation? You don’t need super conditioning systems – just open the window. High room temperature (above 25C, about 80F) in winters will do no good to your health. Get used to lower temperature, say, 20C (about 70F) or less. Also in winter do not overheat the place where you sleep. To be on the safe side just put on cotton socks.
3. Check there is no light disturbance in the room. Even some small blinking light may be rather disturbing at night.
4. The minor sounds (for example dripping water) may be very annoying, whereas a pleasant melody can be very relaxing (for example Chopin’s Waltz N7).
5. Sometimes it is hard to fall asleep when you are hungry. Still, we know that eating late in the evening is no good for health. Thus, take the golden mean. If you feel hungry eat some fruits, cottage cheese, or nuts.
6. Deep-breathing may also help. Although you may not feel tired you may be anxious about something which actually prevents you from falling asleep. Thus you need a deep relaxation. When in the bed (with the sound and light already fixed), lie full-length on the back having the legs and hands stretched out alongside. Slowly take a deep breath, keep it for some time, and then breathe out even slower. Make this exercise only 2-3 times, otherwise the effect will be contrary – not relaxing but stimulating.
7. Try reading some difficult book or the Bible in the low light.
8. The solution to the problem may be in the very question “how to go to sleep when you are not tired?” To have long and truly refreshing sleep one should get physically tired. Do sports! Exercises in a gym are great but even better is jogging or running outdoors. Don’t just sit all days round at a computer in the office and then again at the computer and the TV set at home. Be active!
9. And finally try changing your sleeping place. According to Feng Shui philosophy, there are positive and negative energy poles. It means you should try finding your right energy balance. Thus one direction of the bed may be negative for you while the other healing. Try different directions and then move your bad accordingly.
Note: Nevertheless abstain from taking sleep pills. Watching TV a lot also leads to sleep disorders.